Go Life Church Business Plan
While there are a number of existing churches spread throughout the Jacksonville area, we believe we should devote our best effort to planting a new church for the following reasons:
– In a recent study, only 17.5 percent of Americans were in church on any given Sunday. – In the last 15 years, church attendance has decreased by 36 million people
nationwide; while the population of the United States has increased by more
than 30 million people.
– No county in America has a greater percentage of churched persons today than a
– Almost 4,000 churches close each year (10 per day, 72 per week); while only 1,200
churches are started each year (3 per day, 24 per week).
– In proportion to the population of the US, there are less than half as many churches
in the United States today as in 1900.
– In 1900, there were 27 churches for every 10,000 people.
– In 1950, there were 17 churches for every 10,000 people.
– In 1996, there were 11 churches for every 10,000 people.
– The United States is now the number two mission receiving country in the world. – The continual planting of new congregations is the most crucial strategy for the
growth of the body of Christ. Tim Keller, Center Church
– The average new church gains 1/3 to 2/3 of its members from those not attending a
– The average new church will bring lost people into God s Kingdom at six to eight
times the rate of an established church of the same size.
– Only 36% of the population of Jacksonville attends a mainline Christian church. – There are roughly 540,000 people in Jacksonville that do not attend a church.
– Because The Lord told me to!
To read more click here.